PaaS- Popularity Accelerated As a Service
With growing requirements in the rapidly-changing business scenario, companies tried to find a solution for storing and using their data as and when needed. Cloud computing provides the ultimate solution. With IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services, cloud computing offers a strong platform for companies in order to cope up with the pace of their business operations. Among these three services, PaaS grew more rapidly in 2014. Let us talk about PaaS with its business benefits.
PaaS is a matter of using the platform of any IT company as a service. Small and mid-sized companies use the platform to make mobile apps and give new avenues to their business. Using infrastructure or app development software of any IT company is not as simple and relatively cost-effective as using its platform as a service. But, it is not the only reason for the growing popularity of PaaS. Some interesting reasons are:
Reasons for popularity
- Provides flexibility and scalability: With PaaS, companies can readily develop their mobile or web apps with required features. With it, companies can readily modify or edit their apps as per changing business requirements.
- Increases efficiency and enhances innovative approach: With easy-to-use tools and other simple but intuitive features, PaaS facilitates making the app within a short time. Developers and businesspersons can give more time to make their apps more innovative and attractive.
- No technical knowledge is necessary: Nowadays, many platforms offer app development without coding. Means, even a non-technical person can also make an app with desired features with ease. Furthermore, app development platforms provide online guidance as well from development to deployment of the app.
These are very few reasons for increasing popularity of PaaS. It offers lots of advantages for businesses of any size. Let’s have a glimpse on them:
Business Advantages of PaaS
- Same Environment: Provides services in the same IDE (Integrated Development Environment) in terms of development, test, modification and deployment of apps, facilitates saving of time and energy.
- Sharing is possible: With it, companies or developers can work as a team. Collaboration of ideas to develop an app with desired features is just an easy task.
- Easy and rapid modification: PaaS facilitates modification or editing of apps on the move. It is highly beneficial especially for companies that run their business in a rapidly changing scenario.
- CAPEX turns to OPEX: From Capital expenditure (CAPEX) for various tools, systems, etc., PaaS turns it to operational expenditure (OPEX) for taking a platform on rent of an IT company for a limited period. Thus, PaaS offers cost-effective approach to companies.
- Time-saving tools: With a huge library of tools and other necessary software, PaaS helps companies save app development time.
- Pricing flexibility: PaaS provides various pricing models as per requirements. Especially, small companies or startups can take benefit from flexible pricing models like-pay per use or pay per go.
- Free from dependency: With PaaS, companies enjoy the freedom of developing apps. For using a platform, companies do not require to bind with specific resources.
- Combination of standard, quality and cloud: PaaS gives the benefits of quality application complying with the industry standard. For getting the maximum benefits of cloud computing with comparatively low costs, PaaS is the best option.
Of course, these are major benefits. PaaS also offers numerous indirect benefits. No wonder that, in 2014, many companies took advantage of PaaS.
PaaS Providers like Configure.IT is a unique mobile app development platform that provides all PaaS benefits to both developers and enterprises.
Configure.IT is a cross-platform App Development platform that empowers developing 100% native, customizable and extendible apps and backend, without writing code. The solution provides infrastructure free solution for developers, startups and enterprises, to build mobile solutions that doesn’t require great skills, experience and technology expertise.
Take a look at the brief introduction video here