Configure IT provides External API Configuration. Go to Web Services List →Add New API.
Web Service List
Configure External API
Create New API
See the default screen for Add New WS (Detail Page).
For Example : we are creating a new API to get Instagram followers details.
Now you will be redirected to configuration page of WS. You just need to configure WS using a simple flowchart structure.
See below API configuration page
See below screen of “External API” panel & configure it:
It allows you to use external APIs directly such as Facebook, Instagram, Youtube etc.
- External API : Select any API from given APIs like Facebook, Youtube, Instagram etc.
- Service : Select Service that is to be called from given services such as get user profile or get follows etc.
- Authentication : Authentication for a particular API.
- API URL : It will be automatically filled with the API URL.
- Add Headers : Headers can be added.
- API Method : Select any API method from GET / POST / PUT / DELETE / JSONPOST / XMLPOST.
- Input parameters : Based on selected API method , input params format gets changed and more Input Params can also be included.
It allows you to add a custom URl.
Set the URL params with temporary data.
Set the Output Format
Single Key : allows you to have response in nested structure
- set sequence of output params
- set param as parent node / subnode
- apply PHP function on specific output param
- modify output param name by edit
See the image for the single key
Multiple Key : allows you to have response in simple - multiple key structure
Show Response : shows you Request Headers , Response Headers and API Response in popup.
Just ‘Save’ settings. Now API is configured.
After configuring “External API” , it allows you to process it further using different options like loop , condition etc.
Add “Finish” controller
Now add “Finish” controller options to finish the flow. Select output params and set success message.
Now , “save settings” and execute it. It will show you data response in new window. It’s done now.