Configure.IT OUTPUT PANEL - CMS
CMS Panel which is generated automatically via Configure.IT allows for Access Control List. We can create different access controls (Roles) via CMS. These Roles can be assigned to different users. Once user will logs in the CMS, based on Access control setting, user will be able to access different modules and perform some actions.
You can control the visibility not just at the module level but also at actions (List / View / Add / Update / Delete) level. So, if user has only view permission then user cannot perform any kind of modification in that module.
Let us consider E-Commerce to understand the need of Roles & Permissions. An E-Commerce portal can have multiple roles –
- Catalog Manager : Can list, view, add, update and delete categories and its related products.
- Order Manager : Can list and view the orders.
- Shipping Manager : Can list, view and update the orders.
- Customer : Can list and view products, add and delete orders.
In the above test case, each role needs to be given access to specific modules and specific actions for the assigned modules.
Steps to set roles and permissions for the Output Panel are given below:
Add a new role from the Group module.
Give the group details and assign permissions (both modules and actions on each of the module)
Shown below is the Update Page for ‘Core Team’ group.
Add new user for the Output Panel and assign a group.
Details of a user assigned to group ‘Core Team’
Shown below is the Output Panel of user assigned to group ‘Core Team’. Actions have been restricted because of the permissions set for the group.
- Add Groups directly from the Output Panel.
- Give access to a Group for individual modules.
- Set rights to a Group on the actions it can perform for the modules.
- Set Group wise Landing Page.
- Configure.IT limits the permissions to be set at action level. It does not support at field level. i.e., based on role, fields in each module cannot be set differently
- However as a work around for that, you can do the following :
- Configure different modules for the different groups and assign permissions.
- Write a custom function as per your requirement and call it using Before Form Save / After Form Save functionality of Configure.IT Backend.