- Configure.IT provides pure browser based environment. Everything you want to work with your app can be directly accessed via browser (We prefer latest version of Google Chrome). You need to have a working internet connection (with reasonably good speed) to work with the platform. Everything you work is stored on Configure.IT cloud, to be accessed from anywhere. Besides browser, you will need a physical device for iOS / Android - depending on which platform you are developing - in order to check the output of the app. Practically - this means that you can work from anywhere, anytime and on any system (even a chrome book!)
- Configure.IT is way too advance than simply being just a code generator. While it produces 100% native source code for mobile apps and backend, there are several key advantages of the platform that are rare to find at one place. The completeness of the platform in terms of providing almost everything you need for a custom app development is one of the benchmark compared to other platforms. The platform covers up designing relational Database, visual API for business logic, and Data Panel for CMS and of course, App development tool along with PreviewIT app for a seamless development life cycle.
- Configure.IT is a highly versatile and dynamic platform that caters to most of the industry verticals and business requirements. It is mainly concentrated towards any kind of data driven applications, which defines the control flow of the program. From simple applications to complex queries Configure.IT efficiently handles all of it.
- Configure.IT is a highly versatile and dynamic platform that caters to most of the industry verticals and business requirements. It is mainly concentrated towards any kind of data driven applications, which defines the control flow of the program. This excludes chat / video chat applications.
- Yes, CIT supports complete Native app. No more worrying about HTML5, create entirely native apps to make the best use of the device capability, security and performance.
- That's the beauty of the platform! You need not know hard-core programming at all. Most of the features in the platform are used by configuring elements and there the code gets automatically generated behind the scene.
- Configure.IT helps you create a real Mobile Application with real data and NATIVE code quickly. Thus, save your time, resources and efforts and do away by creating a prototype.
- Yes, Configure.IT gives you the flexibility to reuse your app with Zero dependency (provided it has been built on the Configure.IT platform). You can also reuse any set of code or configurations like database, API, web modules, app modules, etc.
- Configure.IT caters the needs of every user and thereby No business is depended on specific resources. Any competent individual can work on Configure.IT- based project. Since Configure.IT generates apps that adhere to standardization and automation, anyone can pick up from any point of development.
- We do not have any direct competitors considering the unique features and USP which Configure.IT has. However there are some close competitors like Appmachine and Parse. You can refer the link for detailed comparison:- http://www.configure.it/mobile-app-development-platforms-comparison/
- Configure.IT helps you generate a customized application without major coding. However, we do not publish the app for you. We respect the privacy of your accounts. All you need to do is provide your online server details and your mobile app development project is deployed on that online server with a click of button.
- App promotion can be done in various ways. If you need us to promote the application, you may send us a request and we will introduce you to one of our partners, who have an expertise in mobile app marketing. The service is chargeable.
- Configure.IT assures you with the standard process of error-free programming and not the number of downloads which is the major contributing factor for any app's revenue. The monetary gains depend on how app offers its best usability, great features and how is it marketed virally.
- Yes absolutely! Configure.IT provides you the required file for submission and testing as well. This helps you test your app simultaneously.
- Yes, Apple requires developers to register an account and enroll with the iOS Developer Program with an annual fee of USD 99.
- Yes, you need to have Paid subscription so that you can generate IPA / APK file from your account which you can publish on App store or Google play store. Also, if you are using server side database, Backend modules or API then you need to configure your database and backend code on your server and point mobile app to your server API so that it does not have any dependency on Configure.IT server.
- In order to have iOS developer account, you need to register as an Apple developer on https://developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/ Follow the necessary procedure along with the payment of the requisite fees, as per the said guidelines.
- To submit your app to the Google Play Store (for the Android platform), follow the licensing procedure and refer to the other details on http://developer.android.com/google/play/licensing/index.html
If I have developed an app, what's the guarantee that my app will be accepted by App stores or Google Play?Apps developed using the Configure.IT platform adhere to the standard guidelines and norms required by the Market places like App store or Google Play. Since the coding done by Configure.IT is error free, it is futile to be declined.
- Apple assesses your app according to the technical guidelines and content including (not strictly though) the design criteria for review. You will find the list and all the details on https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/rejections/ In adherence to the guidelines, make sure that your app does not contain any objectionable language or material.
- Generally, that doesn't happen when you generate an app on Configure.IT. Nevertheless, if the app is declined by an app store, you can always contact us in case you need our assistance in figuring out the reason and then retry.
- Surely, you can do so. However, this will have Configure.IT logo on the Splash screen. Configure.IT will have its branding.
- Configure.IT has all its eyes and ears on technology updates. The necessary changes are being taken care of to make it compatible and contemporary. The platform is updated, if any major changes occur.
- It depends. We constantly monitor Configure.IT and equip it with the latest stuff in technology. There is no fixed frequency period, but we certainly notify the registered users about it. It does not affect your app published on any marketplace.
With each of its update, does Configure.IT automatically reflect the changes in my already built app?No,We encourage you to continually check your app to keep up with the updates on Configure.IT. You might have to re-configure certain elements to sync with the updates.
- You would be required to gather business requirements, functional flow, User Interface and database, just like you would have done for any other project. The rest of the process on Configure.IT is merely a set of configurations.
- You can always check our "Getting Started" document which will give you basic idea of our platform.
- Yes, You can view our recorded Webinar at - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxgMCxDFagc
- The platform offers a few common ready-to-use fields with a single click. Configure.IT also performs the appropriate data validations automatically. This saves your time and efforts.
- Using our proprietary framework engine, we are making whole Configure.it platform dynamic. Thus, the code of the application will be extendible however the core framework file can't be edited [as we can't edit Apple Framework].
- No, Configure.IT does not limit the scope of your project. It 's entirely up to the developer to exploit the platform and put it to innovative use. Configure.IT is a highly versatile and dynamic platform that can cater to most industry verticals and business requirements. From simple applications to complex queries Configure.IT efficiently handles all of it.
- No! Configure.IT eliminates the dependency. You need not be acquainted with multiple programming languages and the pain of coding. Moreover Configure.IT is an online platform so you can continue your work from office or home or may be café while having your cup of coffee!!
- No. Configure.IT comes with all the tools and software that it requires to run on your machine. The entire platform works within the browser you do not need to install any additional software on your computer.
- Configure.IT , a web-based app building platform necessitates a browser and an Internet connection. Using any PC (MAC, Windows or Linux), you can build a customized application. Nevertheless, you require MAC and iOS / Android device to test and submit the application on App Store / Google Play.
- No, Configure.IT does not let you import applications made on another platform. You would have to re-build it on the Configure.IT platform.
- No, You do not need to install any extra hardware. The platform is wallet-friendly! Configure.IT does not make you buy other tools. You will need a physical device to test your apps.
- No. Use Web View control instead.
- You need to change the name of the image, to what you want it to display before, uploading on Configure.IT There are two ways for doing this – you can either code it in the admin panel OR change the name of the image before uploading on your system (Laptop), before you upload to the Admin panel. In any case, naming conventions needs to be adhered to.
- No. But you can load HTML file from server by setting its URL in “Key Name To Data” property.
- Yes. You can set color or image for progress using “Progress Tint Color” and “Progress Image” properties respectively.
- There can be one of the following reasons for Scroll View scroll not working :- -> Scrollview “Scroll Enabled” property not enabled. -> Scroll View’s “Content View” (first subview of Scrollview) size (width and height) might be less than or equal to Scrollview size. -> Scrollview’s “Content Size Width” and(or) “Content Size Width” properties might be set to a value less than or equal to Scroll View's “Width” and(or) Height.
- Configure.IT is a platform developed to help everyone. Every user has his own Configure.IT account, through which only he can access his applications so be assured about the safety of your idea.
- We’ve already piled up lot of tutorials, help docs and videos that you can access from Help Center. Although, we also realize that you may need initial jump start to get the ball rolling. You can contact us via Community for any instant question - or send your detailed query via Support Portal. We strive to answer each and every query - although we’re human… our responses may be delayed due to backlog. For more robust and continuous assistance, you can also reach out to our official development partners, who are Configure.IT Ninja!
- As of now, Configure.IT Video player does not supports Vimeo videos. Hence instead of Video Player, you are suggested to use Web view to play video.
- Yes. Using “Tile Delete Button Image” property. You can also change it’s position using “Tile Delete Button X Offset” and “Tile Delete Button Y Offset” properties.
- You are the exclusive owner of your App. Configure.IT does not believe in Lock-in system. It provides you with the 100% Source Code Ownership.
- To enable the user to navigate through the screens of a Mobile App. The purpose is to give direction.
- Absolutely! Configure.IT provides you with the support for e-mail and chat. Drop in your queries via Support Ticket or reach on chat where you can interact live. In case, if you just want to appreciate the work done on behalf of you then we can probably help you introduce to our Development partners.
- “Header Offset From Calendar” property is for setting gap between header view and calendar.
- You can do so by generating builds for your project (IPA or APK files) - instead of sharing it via PreveiwIT. The IPA and APK files will work exactly like you preview the app in PreviewIT app. While generating the build for the respective platform - you will need to upload appropriate code signing files (e.g. Provisioning profile, Certificate, Key etc.) depending on the platform you want to generate build for.
- It’s not at all mandatory, however this control only simplifies and provides you with 3 controls in one place. You can also use a navigation bar as a standalone object in your app.
- You need to adhere to Android Design Guidelines as there can be positioning issue while migrating from iOS to Android.
- Yes, for Admin Panel (Backend Panel / CMS) it can be done but as the Mobile Interface is Native, so JS/CSS is not involved at all. However you can customize all the controls using our 500+ properties supported by Configure.IT platform.
- At present, we don’t have the functionality for copying text to clipboard.
Platforms / Migration
- Configure.IT supports both the major platforms: iOS and Android
- No, there is no difference in the functionality of iOS Label and Android Label.
If I have developed the iOS version, then how much work will be involved in replicating it for Android? Will it be a different pricing?You can sync the already present iOS application in Configure.IT platform to create its Android counterpart. Only a few configurations in Android design, everything else remains the same. As of now, no different pricing. Here is the guide to migrate iOS App to Android: http://hc.configure.it/migrate-ios-apps-to-android.html
- Almost all the properties will remain same but Layout of iOS device and Android device differs so you need to visit ”Layout Settings” related properties which are needed to set additionally in order to set positioning for Android.
What should I do as Label is not being displayed in the Tableview when migrated from iOS to Android?It is a positioning issue. Please refer to the Android Design guide to solve the issue. If it doesn’t solve the issue, please open a support ticket.
- Microsoft recently announced that they will provide platform to Android and iOS applications so there won't be any need of developing windows application.
- Please Visit Pricing page to get detailed information about our pricing structure and different packages.
- Yes, you can but please be aware that all your project data will be deleted as soon as you stop the account. Hence, you need to take back up of your project via exporting the configuration. Its a suggestion to keep it active so you can get regular updates of CIT and can connect back whenever you need to develop new mobile application.
- Yes. You can cancel your subscription anytime or upgrade your plan. Anytime you do so, you may lose / gain some extra features depending on the plan you choose. Your active subscription has no effect on the source code you may have downloaded earlier. However, cancelling the subscription will result in limits imposed by the effective plan you land up in. We suggest you archive and export the projects before cancelling your plan.
- Certainly! Configure.IT provides you the option to switch between the plans. You can either opt for Monthly / Yearly subscription, as per your requirement.
- You can define the Action from the Property-Action window for the “Click” event. There from the drop down, select ‘Redirect’ and the screen to which you would like to redirect.
- Yes. This control supports only single line text. If “Is Growing Text Field” property is enabled, user can enter up to number of lines set in “Maximum Number Of Lines” property. After that limit text entered by user will be appended to last line, increasing scroll offset.
- Yes. You need to set “Autocorrection Type” property to “Yes”.
- Yes. You need to set “Place Holder Text” property.
- Yes, using “Row Animation” properties of Table View.
- You need to use “Multiple Selection Picker” control for multiple selection.
- Yes certainly you can have. This is possible with the ‘Background Image’ property.
- Configure.IT provides you this functionality with the use of ‘Enable Vertical Navigation’ property. You will find this property in the Property Action window under the head CIT Custom Properties.
- You can adjust space between items shown in gallery using “Space Between Items” property.
- While you are setting date format properties (Date Display Format, Selected Date Format), please ensure that you are using small "y" for year specifier instead of capital "Y", i.e, use "dd-MM-yyyy".
- For this to work you need to set “Image Picker Image Receiver Id” property of Image Picker to itself. If you want to show selection on some other control, you need to set “Image Picker Image Receiver Id” to that control.
- Make sure you enable “Enable Editing” property of Rating View. Only then you would be able to select rating from it.
- Yes you can play only Audio as well in Video Player control with the help of “Enable Audio Player” property.
- CIT lets you load search results dynamically from API based on the search text typed in search bar. You need to enable “Enable Online Search” property and configure “Trigger Data Source(API Call)” action in “While Editing” event of search bar.
- Yes. Using “DropDown Table Background Image”, “DropDown Table Separator Image”, “DropDown Table Background Color”, “DropDown Table Text Color” and “DropDown Table Separator Color” properties.
I have an image (down arrow) on section header. When section is open, I want that image to be rotated to point upwards and when section is closed, I want it to be rotated back to point downwards? How can I do this?This is not possible as of now. Here is the workaround to facilitate something closer to your requirement :- 1) Add a button on Section Header on tapping which row has to be opened, Hence set “Expand Button Identifier” property of Expandable Table View to that button. 2) Now open properties window for added button. Set it's Normal Image property to down arrow image, this image will be visible in button's normal state i.e, when row is closed. Now you need to set a up arrow image for button's selected state, i.e, when row is opened. So set it's “Button State” property to “Selected” and then set “Selected Image” property to up arrow image.
- You need to set "Key Name To Pie Slice Text" property to API response key which gives plot name value.
- Configure.IT provides you with this default Native control and it encompasses in it two buttons and a label.
- Different colors cannot be set to different segments. You can set background colors for normal state and selected state of segment using "UnSelected Background Color" and "Selected Background Color" properties, respectively.
- Yes. Using “Color” property, you can select the desired color from the wide variety.
- Yes using “Add Pin On Map” action. You can also add “API Call” on Map View LOAD event and set required properties to show pins at desired locations.
- Yes. Bar Code Button control supports QR Code scanning.
- Configure.IT provides a feature to enable slide show on photo gallery. You can adjust time interval gap between each item during slide show using “Slide Show Time Interval” property.
- You need to set “Initial Open Section Index” property to 3 (n - 1, as section index starts from 0 not 1).
- When you want to send date selected from Date Picker to an API as input parameter, in a format different from the one displayed on date picker or receiver, you need to use this property.
- Yes, you can define “Change Object Properties” want to show/hide and “Property” set to “Hidden”.
- Using “Show Direction On Map” action.
- You need to enable “Enable Single Selection” property for this.
- Yes. Using “Multiple Selection Indicator Image” and “Multiple DeSelection Indicator Image” properties.
- If you want to show some screen (with controls to stop, pause or play audio/audio recording) while recording audio, you can set that screen name in “Audio Recording View Nib Name” property.
- Absolutely you can. Either you wanna have 2 or more, that's possible via “Number Of Stars” property.
“Local Video” is not working. I have uploaded a video from my PC using “Local Video” property. But nothing plays when I download the screen on PreviewIT. Why?It is one of the known issues of ConfigureIT. We are working on it and will be solved in our next update, coming soon.
- Yes. We have provided properties for customizing cancel button - Cancel Button Title, Cancel Button Background Color, Cancel Icon Image.
- You need to enable “Enable Single Selection” property for this. This shall suffice your purpose.
- You need to simply drag and drop the control on your screen and configure accordingly.
- Segments cannot be named respectively, however for configuring actions or conditions you can identify each segment using "selectedSegmentIndex" from "Response" section. "selectedSegmentIndex" contains selected segment number.
- Yes. Using - Search Text Color, Search Text font Name and Search Text Font Size properties.
- You need to drag & drop the object you want to move in Object Tree below or above the Label.
- Below mentioned are the few functionalities: 1. Show/hide button 2. Add an Image 3. On/Off characteristic 4. Customization 5. Redirection, and so on….
- Currently this feature is not available in Configure.IT. We may include it in our next release.
- Yes, you can. Use the “Tool Bar Customization” property and that shall suffice your purpose.