This document is intended to provide an overview of the backend panel of any Application. User will come to know on a component of backend panel and how to access the backend panel of any application. To log in to the application use link m.configure.it
User will be redirected on following login screen:
If user is already registered then provide username and password and click on “Sign In” button to land on Dashboard.
If user is not registered then he can signup by filling small registration form. Optional ways to proceed is with social accounts LinkedIn or Google+.
Once the user is logged in, he will be redirected on Dashboard page as shown in below screenshot:
From dashboard, click on “Projects” menu on left side menu navigation. This will list down all the projects/applications. Select the project for which you want to configure the backend panel as shown in below screenshot.
Clicking on Backend of particular project/application will redirect user on dashboard page of the App. This page shows the summarized view of the App backend.
Configure.IT provides you feature to switch to another App without going back & forth with selection of App from the dropdown as shown in below screenshot.
Top Right Menu:
Universal search within the app is possible using search icon in top-right corner. Clicking on it will search the term and show the results. Result page will also give the option for Advance Search.
- Advance Search: Advanced Search allows you to perform project specific search. Select single/multiple projects and find keyword from selected projects not all projects.
- Notifications: Clicking on Bell icon will show you notifications, if any. New notifications/announcements are highlighted with numbers on the icon.
- Help: Help Center of Configure.IT is accessible by clicking on Question Mark icon.
- Logout: Last icon is to logout of Configure.IT
Top Left Menu:
- Home: Home icon will redirect the user on dashboard of the App.
- Projects List: Projects will show you projects list.
- Current App: It shows current App in which user is working. Switching of App can be done by choosing the desired app from the dropdown.
- Current Location: Disabled menu shows the current location of the app where user is working.
Summary of Database:
This is summary of the database. It shows number of tables, APIs, modules and PHP functions in the current App database.
- Menu Style: By default navigation is displayed on left side but it can be changed on the right side of the screen too by clicking on it.
- With Local Data: Default is ON. It will store the app data in local database. This can be changed to OFF using the same button.
- Multi Languages: Default option is single language i.e. English. App can be multilingual too. Clicking on this will allow you to keep Backend multilingual. Just switching this option to ON doesn’t make the App Multilingual. It should be implemented at each level like table, API, Module, Field etc. Please check “Help” file which is accessible using “Help” button below multilingual selection.
- Languages: This will show number of languages in which the app DB will be. New language can be added by clicking on “Add New” button. If the DB is multilingual, it should be synced using “Sync” button. This section is explained below in detail.
As user is redirected on backend panel, left menu contains all the main sections. By default, shorten menu is shown. Clicking on “Show Left Panel” will show descriptive panel. Again clicking on the same menu will hide the descriptive view. Below picture shows both hide and show panel view:
Database structure can be manage from this section of backend. This section is used to add, update and delete tables and manage relationship among different tables.
For more details, please visit http://www.configure.it/help/database-configuration.html
API is used to connect the Application with the database. APIs are useful to move data from database to App and vice versa. Because of API, security of the data is maintained and user don’t need to expose secure data as it limits outside program access. This section simplifies the process of playing with new APIs or existing APIs.
For more details, please visit http://www.configure.it/help/api-configuration.html
Admin Panel Configuration:
All the backend configuration required for Admin Panel are taken care from this section. How the App will shape up is to be configured from this section as user need to set up Projects, Modules, Menu, Dashboard, Workflow, Notifications and APIs etc.
Even CSS, JS File, Extended classes can be viewed and managed from this section too.
For more details, please visit http://www.configure.it/help/admin-configuration.html and http://www.configure.it/help/api-connector.html
Various emails to be sent to users on different events/occasions are configured using this section. Different templates with variable names can be managed from this section. For more information, please visit http://www.configure.it/help/emails-messages-and-languages.html
Any PHP based functions like update, delete or select (get list of records) can be managed from this section. Check Syntax is also available for easy monitoring.
List of PHP Functions:
The list of all available PHP functions are displayed.
- Function Name: Name of the Function
- Preview: Shows preview of function code
- Status: Either Active/Inactive
- Actions: Edit will open the function for editing and delete will remove the function
- View All: Displays all the records
- Copy Function: Allows to copy existing function
- Search: Search by Name and status
- Copy Functions: This will allow user to copy the existing function. There are two function modes: General Functions and Copy from other projects.
- Customized Functions: Custom functions made by user in project/s can be copied. Select the project and it will list down all the functions within the project. Select functions to be copied and click on “Copy Function”.
- General Functions: There are many general functions made available by Configure.IT for different situations/usage. Function Block will list down all the general functions.
- Add New PHP Function: New custom function for different purpose can be added from this.
- Function Name: Name of the Function, should be self-explaining for convenience
- Function Code: Code of the function to be executed
- Check Syntax: It will check if syntax used in Function Code area is perfect and producing desired result or giving error.
- Description: This will describe the function and its use in detail so any new person can understand it.
- Add: This will save the function detail and add new function.
This is a function where the values of multiple rows are grouped together as input on certain criteria to form a single value of more significant meaning or measurement such as a set, a bag or a list.
Common aggregate functions can be Average, Count, Sum, Discount, VAT or Tax Calculation etc.
List all Aggregate Functions: This will list all the added aggregate functions with details as explained below:
- Sr. No: Aggregate function rows can be changed in order, it's using drag & drop. As soon as the order will change the Sr. No will also change.
- Description: This can be descriptive name of the function.
- Value: This will show the value
- Type: Type of function can be Value, Percentage or PHP Function.
- Actions: There are two functions available: Edit will open the function in edit mode and Delete will remove the function.
- Save Order: If user wants to change the order of aggregate function to be applied then he can change it using drag and drop and need to click on “Save Order” button to save the same.
Add New Function: Any new aggregate function can be added by filling below form.
- Name: Short name of the function
- Description: Long description to explain others about the function
- Type: Function can be in value like 10, 100, 5670 etc or percentage applicable like 4.75% ESIC, 12.55% VAT or 10% discount
- Inc/Dec.: Inc stands for incremental and dec stands for decremental
- Value: value should be added. For Example, If percentage is selected in Type then 10, 20 or whatever percentage is there should be written here. So Value will be 10. For PHP Function, it should fetch value from general.php as explained above.
- Default Value: If there is any default value, then user can add. It's not mandatory.
Note: If PHP Function is Type then it should be declared in Application >> Libraries >> general.php file as shown below:
// do your code
// return modified value
Caching is just the practice of storing data in and retrieving data from memory either explicitly or implicitly.
This feature is useful when we want to do different operations frequently on data but data is getting changed only occasionally. Master Table data does not change frequently but user may need same data to use it repeatedly. In this type of scenario, if table caching is used, frequent querying to database can be avoided and time can be saved. As a result, faster response can be received.
Add New Cache Tables: When user is in need to fetch records of particular table frequently, he can use this feature and add new table for caching.
- Select Table: User can select single or multiple tables from the dropdown
- Expire Time: User can select expiry of the time depending upon the requirement. Default is 1 day.
- Status: It can be either “Active” or “Inactive”.
- Add: Clicking this will add table/s for caching.
- Cancel: This will cancel the process of adding table for caching.
List Cache Tables: This will show you the list of tables added for caching.
- Change Status: check the record and click on the Active/Inactive buttons above the list to change the status.
- Actions: Clicking on pencil icon will open the record to edit and clicking on dustbin icon will allow user to delete the record.
- Searching: User can search for table cached be different parameters like Table Name, Expiry Time and Status.
This section is active only if the application is multilingual. It shows list of languages which can be deleted or inactivated from this section.
- Language Title: Full name of the language
- Language Code: Short code of the language
- Primary: Anyone language can be chosen as Primary which is depicted with blue star. Default Primary language is English
- Language Image: It will show flag of the country where that language is official language
- Status: Status can be either Active or Inactive. It can be changed using 2 button given above the list.
- Action: Any language can be deleted directly from top menu or clicking on “Dustbin” icon
Once you click on “Add Languages” and it will ask user if he wants to translate labels and if yes, in which languages from the list. If user has to choose the option to convert labels in these newly added languages then it will take time to convert them. After converting all labels, it will give you conversion confirmation notification message too.
Update Entire Preview:
Once all the changes in the backend are done and user is ready to have the preview then clicking on this will replace the latest configurations over the old configuration. This will save all the changes at once and those will be applied immediately.
Just note that this action is not reversible so once you will update the preview, you won’t be able to undo the act as shown in below screenshot. User need to select the version and then “Update” will update the configurations.
Download Entire Code:
This section will allow you to download the entire backend source code as zip file. Zip file includes DB Import SQL, Data Panel folder and source code for APIs. This option will be active only when user purchases the backend source code.
As the user configures whole backend panel, he would like to see how does it look like. This shows the Backend Preview link with username and password. Using this user can have sneak peek of the same.
This section shows the list of Remote Servers where user would like to host his backend. Configuring Remote server will allow the user to sync the changes and directly upload them from Configure.IT development server to his own server.
If the user is on starter or trial plan, then he won’t be able to access this section. Only higher plan holder users can set up Remote Servers. For more information, please visit http://www.configure.it/help/backend-deployment.html
Once your backend is ready on Configure.IT Server and you are ready to move it onto your development / remote server, deployment is just few clicks away! You just need FTP details and DB access for deployment of Backend developed over Configure.IT. Click on “Deploy Now” and follow the instructions on the screen. That’s it! For more information, please visit http://www.configure.it/help/backend-deployment.html
This section shows log history of activities in various sections like Database, API, Data Panel and Dashboard. Sorting can be done on the basis of time.
Data Panel is popularly known as Admin Panel to manage all the data of the application. Building dashboards, designing data entry forms for users and creating listing views for the database can be done from this panel.
If user has not enabled Preview then first user need to enable it by clicking on “Enable Preview” button visible on the place of “Configure” button.
- Configure: This will redirect the user on Module Configuration section which is explained in detail at http://www.configure.it/help/admin-configuration.html
- Update Panel Code: This will ask for confirmation before updating the panel code, once confirmed by user, it will update the code.
- Download Panel Code: If user is subscribed to package where he can download panel code then the option will be activated. By default, its inactivated.
API is the bridge between your Application and 3rd Party Service when you want to access data. User can add APIs to connect with 3rd party database depending upon the requirement.
- Configure: This will redirect the user on API Configuration section which is explained in detail at http://www.configure.it/help/api-configuration.html
- Update API Code: This will save the latest API code of the App.
- Download API Code: If the subscribed plan allow user to download the API code then this option will be active and user will be able to download API code for further use.
Database structure, tables and relationships between tables of the database can be managed from this section. Clicking on “Configure” button will redirect you on Listing of Tables page. It also provide you quick access to downoload DB configurations as well as structure.
- Configure: This will redirect the user on Database Configuration section which is explained in detail at http://www.configure.it/help/database-configuration.html
- Download DB Configuration: Clicking on DB Configuration will allow the user to export whole DB including assets and PHP functions. Redirected screen will allow user to select what exactly he wants to download, check the checkbox will create a list to be downloaded.
- Download DB Structure: If user just want to download structure instead of whole DB then it can be managed from this section. Structure can be exported with or without data. Selection of all the tables or only few is also possible. All the tables, Views, Triggers, Procedures etc will be listed there, user just need to select what exactly he wants.