Understanding the Cloud Computing Stack: PaaS and its Impact on Businesses
Platform as a service (PaaS) is a rapidly growing core layer of the cloud computing architecture. The annual growth rate of PaaS in 2014 is considered to be around 26% that signifies that the projected size of the global market will be around $1.8 billion by 2015.
PaaS to surpass the traditional mobile technology
PaaS provides a complete stack of development tools for the configuration, deployment and continual management of applications in the cloud to allow developers to build web applications without installing any tools on their computer. The developers can design, implement and test their software on the same platform as their end-user clients. As the tool itself is hosted in the cloud, it can be accessed anywhere via an internet browser.
The PaaS model provides the environment from where the client can create their bespoke apps by selecting from ready-to-use libraries and collection of templates and other configurable elements. Requiring no coding, it is perfect solution to develop scalable and agile apps for the businesses. The best of Paas systems allows previewing the apps in the real time so that the developer can review the changes as and when they are reflected.
It allows the development of web applications quickly and easily without the quandary of buying and maintaining software and hardware to build it. Thus, it can be simply said that PaaS is a platform for the creation of web applications, delivered over the web.
How do businesses benefit from PaaS?
PaaS platforms consist of preconfigured features that companies can use according to their requirements while easily discarding the ones that they do not require. It is possible to deploy web applications without any specialized system skills, thus allowing everyone from a newbie to an experienced developer to build their own scalable apps.
- With a simple click of a button, PaaS enables the mobile app development platform to deploy and run the app within span of days eliminating weeks and months of hard work.
- It reduces the total cost of the app as the clients need not purchase the whole system (software, platform, tools and kits) to deploy and run the apps. It radically transforms the fixed cost of the company into operational cost by eliminating hefty capital investment and thus increasing the liquidity.
- As PaaS enabled development tools works on cloud computing, creating an app which is handled by geographically distributed teams becomes significantly easy and flexible.
- It robustly covers the entire cycle of developing an app right from building it to delivering the web applications on the internet.
- Clients do not need to install the app specific hardware to work around PaaS. It allows the businesses to create tailor-made iOS app even with their Windows PC, thus excluding the need to buy underlying hardware.
- PaaS presents a secured and safe environment to develop the applications in the cloud enabling the users to develop their applications stress-free.
- The easy and agile development makes it financially viable for the companies to develop their customized apps, thus giving an edge to their present marketing tools like pamphlets and websites.
- Faster time to market enables the developers to create a personalized app in a jiffy which result in increased focus on their core competencies rather than constantly monitoring the app.
Configure.IT helps the businesses to innovate new offerings, expand the capacity and increase the customer base, no matter is the business of the company. Eliminating the investment of expensive infrastructure, business houses can focus to leverage their marketing efforts with complete end-to-end solution from Configure.IT.
Take a look at the brief introduction video here